Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What happened to September?

Seriously, where did September go? It completely flew by, probably because of being a little busier this month. But busier in a good ways is definitely how I feel (although I am sometimes a little overwhelmed with my to-do list). One thing that has kept me busier this month is the start of our new church West Ridge. Dave the pastor who married Daniel and I and led Challenge, the college ministry, felt called to start his own church on the West side. And after praying about it, we decided to join him. It's been great!! Daniel is playing drums on the worship team and I am leading a women's small group Wednesday evenings. We are incredibly blessed to be able to serve our church and alongside such wonderful people. So it has kept us a little busier and on our toes with Cameron (Cameron has not enjoyed the transition to the new church quite as much as we have :) 
So here a few highlights of September. Although I will definitely have to do a few more posts for the other bigger stuff in September like the ALS Walk and Bluegrass. Oh my to-do list is getting longer :)
Cameron is really enjoying wearing mommy's shoes.
Thankfully he picks the tennis shoes & not the high heels.
Crazy hair for Cameron and Daddy in the morning - love how much Cameron is like Daniel. 
Cameron is not potty training, we introduced the potty chair with the pooping issues to see if it would interest him enough to not be so against pooping - did not work, but thankfully we got a new doctor which referred us to a pediatric gastroenterologist which believes it's just a behavior issue that we'll have to patiently correct over time(6 months or more)
And yes, Cameron is still a crazy sleeper. He's getting better and staying in his bed, but it's not uncommon to find him sleeping in front of his door
Enjoying the kitchen playset from Bill & Lindy
At the WSU VB game. I love watching volleyball. It does not entertain Cameron as well and I'm almost fearful to take Cameron because of his tantrums, but figured a loud sport atmosphere is a good option to take Cameron to work on his behavior in public. And it's fun for mommy & daddy even though we are exhausted when we leave.
Hanging out at the park.

Another way Daniel and I are serving our church is watching Rylie & Boaz while their parents Justin & Lesley help lead youth group and their oldest daughter Jordan attends AWANA. So Cameron also gets some playtime with other kiddos which is a great benefit.
After the appointment at the pediatric gastroenterologist, we stopped at Riverside park on a whim and let Cameron get completely sopping wet in the Splash pad. 
So fun to watch him explore the water and get so excited when he got closer than he intended. 
 He would dance and jump in the water. And just look at his adorable farmer tan lines.
We got to hang out with Hannah one day. So we walked to the park and my what a workout just to push the two little darlings to the park (it added 5-7 more minutes to my usual time). So we played and had fun until...
Cameron decided to disobey and run & then fall down in a large puddle of water in the sandpit. And I did not have extra clothes, so I changed his diaper and put my long sleeve tshirt over him for the way home. Wonderful mommy moment.
Hannah fell asleep on the way home. She is such a cutie. And so fun to see Cameron & Hannah play and interact together.

Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment