Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cameron & Hannah's First Ride at the Fair



As long as I can remember, the Cowley County Fair has been a big part of our lives. My sisters and I all participated in 4-H from the time we were 9 until we graduated high school. So the fair to us was all day long for the 4 days of the fair: taking care of our pigs, running the photography display, going to the demolition derby & the figure 8 race, photo judging contest, riding rides & more. 
My uncle Jim has also been on the fair board since I can remember. So it's a whole family ordeal. As we got out of 4-H and have other responsibilities, it's been harder to get down to the fair. But at least part of us made it down this year.

So it was Cameron & Hannah's first fair. And we (mom, David, Allison, Hannah, Cameron & I) got to meet up with Jim, Mary, Travis, JoAnn, Jim, Tracey, Ainsley, Marleigh, Wyatt & Cole. 
It was really nice to see Travis. We wish that he lived closer so we could see him more often but we're very glad that we get to see him at least 3 times a year - the Fair, our new tradition of a bonfire the night before Thanksgiving (so fun & Travis started that one) and McClung Christmas.
Wyatt & Cole came to ride rides with Ainsley. It was really nice to see cousins hanging out together. So after we got some good 4-H food stand grub (we always have to support the 4-Hers, that's my dad in us), we went to try a ride with Cameron.

 We started with the carousel so I could ride with him. And I had David & Hannah come along with us. So Hannah & Cameron got to have their first ride together. :)
Cameron loved it!!! Hannah was a little scared so she rode the ride being held by her daddy. I was worried about how Cameron would do but he did great
 until I started unbuckling him and told him the ride was over and then the tantrum (kicking, screaming fit) began. But I was glad he liked it. Allison & David wanted to ride a few rides so mom & I took the kiddos around to see the exhibits
and of course, we had to get some funnel cake. Then we went to find another ride.
 "Construction Zone" was our next choice so we got in a truck and had a great time alongside another little boy.
Cameron loved it again, but the tantrum of course followed when the ride was over. So much fun, carrying a kicking, screaming kid off the ride with lots of parents, kids & other people watching. But I have a great understanding family who would smile at me give me encouraging advice. And I'm definitely glad we did it. In fact, we went back to the carousel one more time before heading back to mom's to give the kiddos a much needed bath.
 So fun. Can't believe he's old enough to ride rides. It goes by so quickly.
So blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment