Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cameron's 3rd Birthday

Cameron turned 3 on July 10!!! Can't believe he's three (and of course as late as I am posting about it, he is almost 3 1/2). Daddy took the day off so he could spend the day with us. So we got some yummy doughnuts to celebrate
 We left for Branson right after his birthday so we waited to celebrate the following weekend.
 Allison & Hannah spend the night before with us so we woke up and had some delicious homemade chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and then got to work on birthday preparations.
 The kiddos helped me clean dishes. We baked the cake and cleaned.
 Daniel and his dad got busy assembling Cameron's gift - a playset for the backyard. 
 The kiddos helped too - or at least tried to handle the tools. 
Allison and I purposely gave the kiddos the least dangerous tools we could find. 
The kiddos really tried to use the tools like the guys - it was sooo cute.
Mom and David got their a little later and jumped in helping out. I had seen on Pinterest a cute "3" cake so I somehow managed to rope everyone else into doing the actually assembling - David cut and assembled, Mom iced, Allison put on the m&ms, all while I supervised. 
Love, love, love the finished product!!!! And it was really simple. So here are the other simple decorations for the party - napkins, plates, and a birthday banner with some of my favorite Cameron pictures.
 We got the kiddos out to enjoy the new playset. 
 Cameron loved it!!!
 And he is just so darn cute.
 They really enjoyed the playset and we adults enjoyed watching them have so much fun.
 The weather was not great and started to rain so they kids came inside and enjoyed the balloons while Daniel grilled the food in the garage.
Me and my lovely mom
Somehow it's so much cuter when the kids stuff their face than the adults :)
Singing Happy Birthday to our sweet boy - and yes I cried again - I can't help it - it's such a joy to celebrate and a little sad to see the last year go.


 Enjoying some cake and ice cream.
 So very blessed.
 After cake, the kiddos took the aunties into Cameron's room and played with the sheet.
 Then we opened gifts. Lots of wonderful gifts including a cool world map
  and a buzz lightyear sweatshirt which he kept on most of the rest of the evening. 
 Then we all had fun watching the kiddos play with Cameron's new soccer goal, hockey and lacrosse set. 
 Wow. The days seem so long sometimes but then you look back and see another year go by way too fast. It's so easy to get caught up in the dailyness of life and how hard things can be (potty training, poop problems, patience, listening, etc.), so one thing I am trying to do daily is count my blessings especially with Cameron. Every challenge is a blessing. 
 Blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment