Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good Preparation for Two

Last week May 7-11, I had the pleasure of watching my adorable little niece Hannah (my twin sister's girl) while her daycare provider had a week of vacation. So Cameron and I basically moved home to Winfield and I prayed for wisdom and patience to handle two children from roughly 7-4 each day.

Monday was a little cooler so I put a little hat on Hannah so we could go outside with Cameron and let him run some energy out on the farm. Cameron just loved sitting in Hannah's bumbo, so I let him because he would actually be still for a little while.

Tuesday - I decided to take a ride into Winfield because Cameron was giving me a hard time so a few peaceful minutes in the car was just what I needed. On the way, I decided to stop at Island Park and the play area was amazing. Really fun, well contained, super soft flooring, designated "Tot Lot" and so much more. And it was so cute the little Winfield things put in there. It makes me miss Winfield.
I forgot to bring the baby carrier so I had Hannah in her carseat in the double stroller of Allison's, so we did not stay long but I made plans to go back again.
Here is the picture from the car. The play area just had so many pieces to it, it was so fun and such a great thing for us to do and for Cameron to be outside. The "Tot Lot" had a little barn thing and Winfield store area and was so great.
Adorable Hannah getting some tummy time. She's rolling over like crazy and even scooting some. Cameron would climb into Hannah's jumper even though it was really short at that level and jump and turn. He loved it.
Wednesday - Another morning at the park, but this time I remembered the baby carrier so I could let Hannah enjoy the park and watching her crazy cousin run around. 
Hannah in her jumper enjoying all the toys and smiling beautifully.
Thursday - At the park again. The weather could not have been more perfect for us to enjoy the park. So grateful to God for good weather and great times with this kiddos.
So stinkin cute and she's just growing up so fast.

Thursday evening was our last show of the Theatre League season so Cameron and I packed up and went back to Wichita Thursday afternoon so I could go with my sisters and mom to see "In the Heights". The show was great - I loved the choreography and Cameron got to enjoy some daddy time. Plus Cameron and I got to enjoy sleeping in our beds which was much needed after two of the four nights, Cameron ended up in bed with me part of the night. 
Cameron found a hat in the seed house and worn it around the farm Thursday afternoon. So Friday morning in the car on the way back to Winfield to watch Hannah, he wore his own Dekalb hat - so cute. I know granddad was smiling in heaven seeing Cameron in his Dekalb hat. And then Cameron tried to eat his shoe.

Friday morning - walking around the farm and Hannah wearing her adorable sun hat. And then back to Wichita Friday late afternoon and this was my adorable view through my rear view mirror. We had a busy crazy weekend also but that's another post.

It was a long but great week. I loved getting some bonding time with Hannah and seeing Cameron and Hannah bonding more. I got to see my mom, Allison and David each evening. And what great practice for me to watch two children so someday when God willing we have another child, I may be a little more prepared.
On a side note, Cameron crawled into the dryer the other day while I was changing laundry. Crazy kid.

2 comments:

  1. Cameron is so adorable! And lucky you getting to take care of Hannah all week. She and I have conversations, which mainly involve a lot of smiles and me acting like an idiot, during Sunday School!

    ReplyDelete