Monday, May 28, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day, a time to celebrate the moms in our lives and to cherish the joys of motherhood. But this year felt different. For the first time, I more truly understood the sorrows of Mother's Day to those who have lost their mothers, for those who have lost a child and those who yearn so desperately to be a mom. While I personally have not had to go through such loss and pain, I have seen dear friends of mine lose a child or not be able to have their own biological children and just the pain they face on a daily basis. But they so beautifully trust God in their pain and am so blessed to know and love them and walk with them in this journey to motherhood. So I believe now that celebrating the mothers in our lives and being a mother is more important than ever because we must trust in God, in the blessings and challenges He gives us. 
 Daniel and Cameron did a great job celebrating Mother's Day with me. I got a yummy Starbucks vanilla latte with some tasty doughnuts.
 After church, we picked up one of my favorites chinese - eggrolls, bourbon chicken and fried rice. Yum.
 So very blessed.

 The next weekend we went down to Winfield to plant flowers for my mom for Mother's Day and Allison's little girl got baptized on Sunday.
Allison letting Cameron ride on the forklift. Erin & Mom planting flowers.
 Allison and Shannon working hard for our mom. 
 Adorable kiddos to chase around, watch and giggle with. So blessed by Cameron and Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment