Pinterest has definitely inspired me. I have really enjoyed trying new recipes. The first two recipes I made the last weekend in January for Daniel & David's birthdays. Although I had to get up at 6:30 AM in order to make this ambitious breakfast, so that was not that much fun. The last two recipes I made this past weekend in my attempt to try to plan a menu. It has helped me be more organized and on top of things so I hope I can continue to do it which will help our budget.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake from http://www.alexandracooks.com/2011/06/29/buttermilk-blueberry-breakfast-cake/
This was so so good!! I loved it. It was light, delicious, and like a cake but not, so it was perfect for breakfast. I made it with my mom, so it was fun and she could actually explain why to do things the way the recipe says, so I learned as we went. It was really good and I definitely want to do this again even though Daniel did not eat it (Cameron did).
Monkey Bread I from Allrecipes.com
I had to try a traditonal monkey bread recipe after doing the recipe found on Pinterest with syrup, so I tried this one. I thought it was good and more like what I expected. But it takes more work to cut up the biscuits and roll them in the sugar mixture so I can see the simplicity of the recipe with syrup. Daniel really enjoyed this for his birthday so I'm super glad I tried it.
Idaho Sunrise from http://thevillagecook.com/idaho-sunrise-part-two/
This recipe was good and I was really excited to make this because Daniel really enjoys breakfast. But it was a little disappointing. The recipe tastes a lot like my grandma's breakfast casserole recipe but was more work because of the muffin pan and I had a horrible time getting the muffins out of the pan even though I felt like I adequately greased the pan. So the crunchy goodness of the hashbrowns on the outside were left in the pan for most of the muffins. Overall it was okay, I'm just not sure I would make it again.
Sunday Chicken Dinner in the Slow Cooker from http://eatathomecooks.com/2010/01/sunday-chicken-dinner-in-the-slow-cooker.html
This was super easy and really good. Everything was really juicy and tender. Daniel does not eat onions so I substituted the onion with onion powder. Daniel really does not eat carrots but he ate them with this meal!!! I did do the gravy option as well which was also really good. I will definitely use this recipe again.
thanks for sharing! you've inspired me!
ReplyDelete