Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First Pinterest Projects

Well, I'm officially addicted to Pinterest. I love the ideas regarding DIY, crafts, kid activities, recipes, home decor, parenting advice, etc. I just love it. But I have a little problem with follow through on all these great ideas. So I'm going to try to do a recipe, an activity, and a craft idea each month. I hope that's an attainable goal because I would love to do much more than that, but I do not want to find myself not spending as much time with Cameron or neglecting other responsibilities so I can do Pinterest projects. 

Here are the first ideas/projects.
1. A box or basket with random items your child does not normally play with. I put in a water bottle, bundt cake pan, spatulas, mini muffin pan, ice cream scoop, etc. It semi- worked at stimulating Cameron's mind. But it was a good try. I'm not sure where I saw this idea on Pinterest, but I know it's not my own. 

 2. Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits - A recipe found on Pinterest from http://stamps4fun.blogspot.com/2011/10/traditions.html
 The recipe was easy and pretty tasty. The syrup added a unique flavor to it, but Daniel, Cameron, and I enjoyed it.

3. I LOVE you because - found on Pinterest via http://thestewartestate.blogspot.com/2011/12/love-message-board-tutorial.html
This picture frame was made by my amazing friend and small group leader, Lesley, for me and other girls in group. I so enjoy getting to share with Daniel just one reason a day that I love him. I have shared specific things like the one posted below or more broad ideas like simply loving him because he is a great man. It means so much to me to get to share and I have the feeling it means a lot to him also, although he would probably not share that with me.
I have thought about redoing this with a bigger frame simply because I am a little wordy sometimes (or most of the time), but we'll see if that happens.


2 comments:

  1. Cute ideas!!!! Are you going to make cinnamon rolls in Winfield?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I need to work on actually doing some pinterest projects. :) The cinnamon rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete