Cameron and I embarked on our first road trip by ourselves to go see Marie in KC. Marie know lives in OH, so I had to go see her in KC since she was so close and I even managed to squeeze a few hours in with Breeanna and Brian.
I was worried about the traveling aspect, so I brought both a rear facing and forward facing car seat. We planned our traveling to be during nap/sleep times, so he could sleep more reclined in rear facing carseat and be more accessible to me for snacks, etc. forward facing. And since my awesome sister Shannon let me borrow her extremely nice Toyota Camry, both car seats fit and the ride was very comfortable. Cameron however, only slept from Wichita to El Dorado and was awake the rest of the trip up to KC. But after moving him to the forward facing seat and putting the movies "Cars" on via iPad, the trip up went really well. We made it to Smithville, MO in just under 4 hours.
We had fun just catching up, watching our kids play, and just enjoying each other's company.
Bath Time!!!
After baths, they played and Cameron cuddled with Hope.
Playing with the musical toys at Lowe's. They danced and hopped just like the boys.
So adorable and great free entertainment!!!
Getting his cuddle on with Marie!!!! Cameron really loves her.
| Marie's awesome mom hosted us and took amazing care of all of us. |
| Giving hugs goodbye. Marie has good pictures of the boys giving hugs goodbye. |
Cameron and I squeezed in a few hours with Bree & Brian. And Bree made an amazing dinner of roast, potatoes, carrots, and salad. Yummy!!!
Cameron loves Bree's tiger
Cameron and Linus fought over Bree's attention.
Brian taught Cameron how to use a coaster.
And kind of cuddled with him.
After picking up a Sonic drink for the ride home, we headed home at 8:30 pm and made it home to Daniel about 11:00 pm. Cameron slept pretty well on the way home making the drive nice as I sung the whole way home.
I'm so blessed with such wonderful friends.
I just wish we lived in the same city so we could see each other regularly because I miss these girls so so much. They know my heart and are so dear to me.










No comments:
Post a Comment