 |
| Getting better at his Bumbo time |
A few things that are on my mind that I felt the need to express/share/vent. And here are some pictures of adorable Cameron. And by the way, Cameron is rolling over both ways. We have his fourth month doctor appointment on Monday and start him on solids. He is just growing up so fast.
 |
| "What is that?" |
1. For the last week, Cameron has not been sleeping as well. He wants to wake up and eat more often, so I figure he's going through a growing spurt which is good. However, he's just not sleeping as well altogether, especially last night. Last night, it was a little late when he went to bed around 11:00 PM after a 10:00 PM feeding, but he was up at 11:45 PM, 12:45 AM, 1:23 AM (so I fed him), 3:38 AM until 4:15 and then again at 7:00 AM.
So I'm tired.
 |
| "If only I can get this thing to spin." |
2. Cameron and I are currently home by ourself watching Beauty & the Beast which Daniel gave to me for part of my birthday present before he left to go play drums at church tonight and then go to a concert. I'm so glad Daniel gets to play drums at church since he loves it and is so talented and I'm also glad he went to a concert tonight. He does not go to concerts often, but I still miss him and wish I was spending time with him right now along with my family. But my family is being good family and friends to others right now. Erin is at home visiting mom and dad, Shannon went to a movie with a co-worker and Allison went with David's family to watch his sister in the high school musical. And although I love Cameron very very much, he does not offer the same comfort, affection, and company that I currently desire.
So, I'm lonely.
 |
| He is so cute!! |
3. I am blessed to have 3 best friends because I have such wonderful sisters. There are only a few other people girls that I am very very close with and two of them do not live here. I miss them terribly and wish that they lived here, so I could see them more often and hang out with them on a regular basis. Our social life has changed so much since having Cameron. It's just been so hard. I do not know if some of it stems from staying at home now, but I feel very disconnected from people and struggle with feeling like a good friend or even that I have friends sometimes. I know life has to change with children, but I did not thing our social life would diminish so quickly. We are truly blessed with such good friends, but it's just harder to get together when you have children to consider, family to visit, trips to take, etc. I'm praying for wisdom to discern what our social life should look like.
So, I'm missing my friends.
 |
| Hanging out on daddy's shoulders |
 |
| Bundling up for colder weather - hats look so cute on little babies |
 |
| A toy in each hand - he is a busy boy |
I love you ashley :) please know i am never too busy to hang out with my sister-in law and nephew. you are such an amazing mom and i look up to you so much. never hesitate to call me, we need to hang out more often!
ReplyDelete>>BIG HUGS<<
I know I can not understand exactly what you are going through, but I can imagine where you are coming from. Parenting is never easy and not having everyone close by can make things seem even harder. I completely relate to the want to see family and friends and just not being able to do it. I find myself down every now and then with my hectic schedule and the feeling of just not getting to take time for me... With a child on top of that, I bet taking time for just you is even more trying. I miss you tons and love you more than words can say. Hang in there, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel, it is lonely being a stay at home mom. Even though you love your children more than anything! Life certainly is not the same after kids and those that don't have kids can't quite understand. Hang in there. One day at a time.
ReplyDelete