Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Staying At Home is Hard Work
I always knew in my head how hard it would be to be a parent and stay at home. I was told by many people how hard it will be, but somehow I am still overwhelmed with how hard it is. Cameron is such a joy and I am truly blessed having Cameron. But it is a challenge. I go from an extremely detail oriented and high pace job to staying at home where getting simple things done such as washing dishes, cleaning, doing laundry, getting paperwork done, and cooking dinner can be challenging. Some days, it feels like I do not get anything done. It is so hard, yet rewarding. I will continue to pray for patience, efficiency, grace, wisdom, and the many other things that I need to have in order to take care of Cameron, Daniel and our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It gets better when his naps get longer. I remember pointing out to Jon all the things I had accomplished that day that made me soo proud. It was like, "Look, I didn't get supper made, but the dishes are done. Aren't I awesome?" And like the good husband he is, he would tell me what a good job I did and eat a bowl of cereal for supper.
ReplyDelete